Charcoal price, new Kingsford

Paul_W

Hey all, new to forum, not sure where to post this. Last couple of years, I swear I've been buying the 2-20# pack of Kingsford on sale at the beginning of the summer for $9.98. I always buy 1/2 a dozen or more if they let me, sometimes it's limited to 2 per customer. This year the new, lighter formula is "on sale" for $19.98 and the guy is telling me what a great deal that is! What's going on? Is it gonna get cheaper closer to summer?

I seem to remember I paid $16 for the 2 pack of kingsford comp at Costco a month or so ago. I think the blue was $13. this was during a Costco coupon month so on sale off the regular price. FYI homedepot's standard price for kingsford blue is 19.95. So no that's no great deal.

Paul W;
There are no guarantees, but typically, Kingsford will be on sale (a real sale) sometime between now and June 1. Just keep watching Lowes and Home Depot (it wouldn't hurt to check in online every day). When it's on sale, then load up.

July 4 and Labor day are other times that the sales traditionally happen. Be sure and watch a few days ahead of the holidays.

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I know here the big three (Memorial/4th of July/Labor Day we usually get the 2 for $9.98 and I haven't seen any fliers yet to see what they are going to be this year. I usually hit Lowes, Walmart and Home Depot all three and stock up on as much as I can.

Yeah Paul, like the others have said, watch Lowes and Home depot. They usually have one of their sales around Memorial day weekend. Just in time for Smoke Day 2015!

Back