Charbroil Charcoal Pan to WSM Water

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade G

TVWBB Fan
This topic might belong in the WSM Mod's- -but since I am a beginner, I'll ask it here.

I have read several places that using the Minion method, the WSM standard water pan is not up to the job- -suggesting that using a Brinkman water pan is a better way to go.

Well, I replaced my old Charbroil smoker with the WSM this week. I only used the Charbroil 3-4 times. The water bowl from it is bigger than the Wsm, but too small to fit on the ledges inside the WSM.

HOWEVER, the old charcoal bowl is a good fit.

In order to save money, would it be OK (mainly from a sanitary point of view) to use the old Charbroil charcoal bowl- -washed several times thoroughly- -as my new WSM water bowl?

Eventually, I will probably get the Brinkman bowl, but salvaging the Charbroil will save on first time costs for now.

Thoughts?

If your Charbroil pan fits securely, wash it out and use it. If you opt to later get the Brinkmann pan, it's the charcoal pan you want.

Dale
Haven't tried the racks in the WSM. Mine were so old, corroded and nasty- -I wouldn't want to reuse them anyway. Plus-- they don't have handles like the weber (which I think is a nice touch).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back