Center Cut Spares

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
These were labeled as 'center cut', but they just looked like regular St. Louis ribs to me. Not sure if there's a difference. Hit the easy button and just used some leftover Championship Butt Rub and No 5 Sauce from previous cooks. 3 hours total cook time at about 275 on the WSM.

Rubbed and ready:

1592093942978.jpeg

About 1 hour in:

1592093971750.jpeg

Sauced and just 5-10 more minutes:

1592094028478.jpeg

Ready for your plate:

1592094053046.jpeg

Made up a quick slaw and dressing to go with 'em:

1592094102337.jpeg

Clean bones are happy bones:

1592094154288.jpeg

Hope you're having a great weekend so far. Perfect weather here in northern VA. We hit 'Phase 2' yesterday and team sports started back up today - thrilled to see my son back on the baseball field, even if it was socially distanced. He and I have been working a little these last few months, but it's not the same with 'Coach Dad'.

Attachments

• 1592094141920.jpeg
    1592094141920.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 0
He and I have been working a little these last few months, but it's not the same with 'Coach Dad'.

No, it's better!! He may not realize it yet, but those are the memories that will last forever! Oh yeah, those ribs look spectacular.Jim.

No, it's better!! He may not realize it yet, but those are the memories that will last forever!

I think he does. The last five years, I've been an assistant coach for 8 'seasons' (Spring and Fall). Every season, I ask him if he wants me to coach or not and he always says yes. What we're starting now is what should have been his final season in Little League this spring, but he's playing up now to Babe Ruth and the big field. Should help him when he starts BR for real in the fall. I always said I'd stop coaching when he aged out of Little League. I'm taking this summer off, but am already feeling like I want to get back to it in the fall.

I think he does. The last five years, I've been an assistant coach for 8 'seasons' (Spring and Fall). Every season, I ask him if he wants me to coach or not and he always says yes. What we're starting now is what should have been his final season in Little League this spring, but he's playing up now to Babe Ruth and the big field. Should help him when he starts BR for real in the fall. I always said I'd stop coaching when he aged out of Little League. I'm taking this summer off, but am already feeling like I want to get back to it in the fall.
That's awesome Jim. You should go for it!

Back