Cedar Plank Salmon

Stephen, thanks for this post! my son just sent me a picture of a 27 pound salmon he caught! So we will be doing up some salmon.

Stephen, thanks for this post! my son just sent me a picture of a 27 pound salmon he caught! So we will be doing up some salmon.
27 pounder
e-jawdrop.gif
Nice!

At home depot, in their BBQ section, they want $7.99 for 2 small planks. I asked the guy in the lumber section if they have any untreated cedar and they said no, and that I should buy only the ones in the BBQ section. Do you know where I can get untreated cedar?

At home depot, in their BBQ section, they want $7.99 for 2 small planks. I asked the guy in the lumber section if they have any untreated cedar and they said no, and that I should buy only the ones in the BBQ section. Do you know where I can get untreated cedar?
The guy you spoke to is full of doodoo. I 6' boards from HD all the time, i'd speak with another associate. Or just look for yourself.

Looks great! This has been on my list for a while. I bought some cedar planks last week, so I'm one step closer.

Back