Cast-Iron Griddle

Brandon USA

Anyone using or has used the cast–iron griddle (model #7532) for the weber genesis or other weber gas grill? Wondering your thoughts/experience on the usefulness of griddle? Looking to add a little variety in my grilling experience (eggs, bacon, pancakes…). Thanks in advance.

Michael

Mine say part number 7542 (I have two), and I use them all the time. It is my go to tool for shrimp. Also, anything blackened. Anything delicate, like fish.

I had to grind the side ears off of one of the plates in order to get them both to fit side-by-side.

I don't use the grill side very often, primarily because it is harder to clean and delicate stuff can get down into the grooves. If something will work on the grill side, it often will also work on the grill directly.

I had it for a while but I ended up selling it on Craigslist. The grooved side is really difficult to clean and keep seasoned. Had it been two flat sides, I think I would have loved it.

I ended up buying a Lodge cast iron skillet and like it a lot better...mostly because it's easier to store and carry places.

I will say this though. For what it is, it's good. It fits perfectly on the grill and build solidly.

Back