Cast Iron Grates

SMichaelP

Hello, I joined this forum in the hopes someone could help me find a gift for my brother in law. I want to get him a set of non-enamel coated cast iron grates for his gas weber genesis gold series grill.

I've been looking all over the internet and cannot seem to find any. Does anyone know where I can purchase the sought-after regular cast iron grates?

Thanks much for any help you can give.

Steve

I would call Weber CS (1-800-446-1071 in the U.S.) and ask them.

I was just at Home Depot today and the Spirit had the non coated CI grates.

I called them and they don't make nor know of any aftermarket sources for grates that don't have the coating. I can't believe there aren't any out there. I hope someone here chimes in with a good source!

Do you have a link to the plates from their website? After your first post I went and looked and couldn't find what you were talking about. What is the "SPIRIT"?

I can't really tell from that picture, but it looks as though those are coated. Do you have a link to home depot's website for the specific grates you were talking about?

Except for a slightly different color the PCI grates look darn close to non-coated. If they had non-coated grates for my EP-320 I may have bought them already (i have the SS Rods)

Ok... I'm confused here... what or why the big desire to have non coated cast iron grates? I love mine that I picked up for my Genesis 1000.

Back