Cart for 22.5 WSM

Pretty slick! You don't need to wait to post or ask questions. Nothing is too basic. Whether smoking or grilling or whatever,ask away. And welcome to the forum!

very,very neat.I like the idea of the windshield idea as well ,is the wsm base attached to the trolley some how by bolts?and what size is the square tubing ..

Ive never actually seen it in person. My dad just emailed me the pictures. What I do know and can tell from the pics is that I believe the base is just sitting in the 3 "cups" due to the ring cutout of the table top, it doesn't move enough to tip over or fall apart. Due to my dad and his buddies line of work, they came across the Stainless very cheap as it was actually for something else that was being scrapped. Original plans had the whole cart being made out of stainless but after construction began, the realization of the cost was way too much. He was able to get the tubing powder coated for only 30-35 bucks I think. Large pneumatic tires make real life rolling easy. Now I wouldn't hook this thing up behind a car but for taking in and out of the garage and providing workspace to foil ect during the cooks, I think its a hit.

I'll see if he wants to sign up on here. Like Ive mentioned, My dad, brother and I have been lurking here since 06. I might actually have a handle here that I forgot about. Let the pictures inspire other backyard engineers to create something better and more cost effective.

well it looks really good ...i do fancy making something simalar due to the weather in england as we move all the bbq,s from bottom of garden to top in winter and in summer when its raining,,your design is very good ,i love it ,so neat and the handle would finish it off ,brill

Chris, your cart looks great. I think with the wind screen panels you'll have a cart that will get you through almost any cook. I made mine out of treated lumber . Yours looks way lighter than mine is. makes a big difference when transporting from one location in the yard to another. Do you need handles on yours?

That is an awesome cart.

Would there be any interest in building one and selling it? If so, what kind of price would you be looking at? I've got an 18.5'' and I'd love a cart like that.

Back