Carolina Red. First taste a success

RandyE

TVWBB Member
Last night I put together some of the Carolina Red sauce featured in the Renowned Mr. Brown section. Turned out great, especially to be so quick and simple. Added it as I warmed up some of the butt from the day before.

While prepping the 4 butts I varied a little from the RMB instructions in that I used "Butt Rub" rather than the rub mentioned in the article. Did use the Mop recipe suggested but only mopped once on each side.

All I can say is ".........can't talk, my mouth is full"

mmm, sounds good. Maybe I shoulda tried it. I cooked two butts this weekend and my buddies and I thought they turned out great. My problem is that my wife didn't really like it.
icon_frown.gif
Not sure why. She said it was good, but not great and if I were going to spend the cash on that much meat, then she wanted me to do Brisketts.

She has never had pulled pork and didn't know what to really expect. She says at first she thought it might taste a little like Ham, but then when she smelled it smoking she thought it would taste more like Bacon. Oh well, I guess Brisketts are in m future
icon_frown.gif

Carolina Red sauce is always a hit when I serve it, especially with folks new to real BBQ. Its like a whole new color for them.

Funny you should mention that. I did add a pinch or 2. I can't help but always add a little something on my own. Thought about a few drops of Tabasco and or wochesss..... anyway, you get the idea. Maybe next time.

I'll have to mix some up for the left overs then. Maybe it will change her mind (I hope), cuz those butts were good and I know I'm gonna want to make them again.

Back