Cannot Identify.

Dave Allen

Hello everyone. I just picked up what looks like an old 1999 Spirit II, 2 burner red top with plastic handle. Thing is, it has a side burner I have never seen before. Burner has a grill over the top of it as well as a pot seat. Anyone know what I have. No serial I can find.

Hello everyone. I just picked up what looks like an old 1999 Spirit II, 2 burner red top with plastic handle. Thing is, it has a side burner I have never seen before. Burner has a grill over the top of it as well as a pot seat. Anyone know what I have. No serial I can find.

Attachments

• 20210629_205951.jpg
    20210629_205951.jpg
    261.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 20210629_205959.jpg
    20210629_205959.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 37
Hi Dave,

There are a lot of members who know much more than I do but that burner looks like it was added from another grill. Anyway your first step in identifying your grill is to look for the serial # usually under the control panel. The Weber website has a lookup feature that will identify most grills. Also there is info on this forum ( I believe under gas grills in the sticky section) that will help also. The members on this forum are knowledgeable and generous with sharing. I’m sure they will chime in. Good luck. Let us know what you find out.

Hi Dave, if you don’t find the serial number for positive identification, call it a Spirit 500. Somewhere around the year 2000.
Nice grill to work on in my opinion. Well built and parts are still available.

Nothing about the side burner says Weber to me, I think you have something done by someone that really wanted a side burner and figured out how to put one on a Genesis (definitely not a spirit) 1000(?) frame.

That looks very much like the side burner on a Charbroil grill I had in the late 90s-early 2000s.
It was a "MasterFlame 9000" I'll try to post a pic.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I believe everyone who said it was a "modification" is correct, although it is a very well done mod. It works well. The igniter doesn't like it though. Here she is all cleaned up now. works good. Not bad for $15 and it came with 2 tanks.

Attachments

• 20210630_144005.jpg
    20210630_144005.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 14
Thanks everyone for the replies. I believe everyone who said it was a "modification" is correct, although it is a very well done mod. It works well. The igniter doesn't like it though. Here she is all cleaned up now. works good. Not bad for $15 and it came with 2 tanks.
Hi Dave, how does the gas flow to the side burner? Is it split before the manifold?

$15.00 is less than a good steak. Good deal.

Gas flow is a little low pressure, but works. Split is right after the regulator. Fixed it up for a friend in need of a bbq. I had already done one for myself a week ago. Got it for $20 and no tank.

Attachments

• bbq.png
    bbq.png
    699.1 KB · Views: 12

Back