Canceled Sirius XM

Yeah that gets expensive fast....I got my fingers into a few pieces of mobile fidelity and I like those very much.
If I could have all my pressing at a better pressing option I would for sure.
I find today's pressing to be garbage in comparison to what they use to be 50 years ago......most of them anyways.
It is all about the dollar anymore and I had to learn my lesson the hard way.
For example I am after a Pink Floyd record right now.....I can buy a new pressing that is remastered....or a remastered new half speed or I can keep looking for a listened to once pressing that was one of the first pressings......
We both know what is going to be the best option in 99% of the cases. Some of the old ones are worth their weight in gold almost it seems.
But everything or anything can be expensive when trying to deal with " the best " ....try taking up the range, target practice or clay sports is another good example. Something of good quality starts at $10,000 around here and I have seen them pass $50,000 for some hand made Italian jobbies...

I didn't know there were many others around here that were so in touch with music and the sort.
Chasing original LP, can be costly & if you don't have it in hand to inspect it & possibly play it, then its a crap shoot. I would opt for the reissues of PF, I have most of them & they sound really good on my rig.

Chasing original LP, can be costly & if you don't have it in hand to inspect it & possibly play it, then its a crap shoot. I would opt for the reissues of PF, I have most of them & they sound really good on my rig.
I have most Floyd's including mono copies and multiple copies of some.........but I am currently in the works to purchase one of these.

This is the main page where you can go and buy a specific version of what you are looking for....people don't seem to like the remix of this.
It is pressed on double vinyl and run at 45 RPM. The people who had the original like it for what it is...the newbies who don't know this record do admire the quality of the remaster on high speed.....and they don't know the music sounds a bit different.
I am up in the air at the moment....buying a used copy in a labelled " near mint " condition is somewhat safe.....the have a rating to uphold and all that online selling stuff. Once you go below that threshold peoples opinions start to differ considerably......new is new of course.

I am checking out some of the stuff you mentioned.....I might spring for a copy of something I see that I like......
Checked the pricing and the shipping already......it's not wallet friendly.
To get that shipped all the way up here to me and to buy it and all that is $252.01 CAD I have only bought maybe 8 or so records worth over the $200 mark......
Fun part is if I can keep them in excellent condition the resale value continues to increase.....but I do however listen to them all the time rather than collect I guess you could say......I do enjoy listening to them a lot.....daily I would say.

I have most Floyd's including mono copies and multiple copies of some.........but I am currently in the works to purchase one of these.

This is the main page where you can go and buy a specific version of what you are looking for....people don't seem to like the remix of this.
It is pressed on double vinyl and run at 45 RPM. The people who had the original like it for what it is...the newbies who don't know this record do admire the quality of the remaster on high speed.....and they don't know the music sounds a bit different.
I am up in the air at the moment....buying a used copy in a labelled " near mint " condition is somewhat safe.....the have a rating to uphold and all that online selling stuff. Once you go below that threshold peoples opinions start to differ considerably......new is new of course.

I am checking out some of the stuff you mentioned.....I might spring for a copy of something I see that I like......
Checked the pricing and the shipping already......it's not wallet friendly.
To get that shipped all the way up here to me and to buy it and all that is $252.01 CAD I have only bought maybe 8 or so records worth over the $200 mark......
Fun part is if I can keep them in excellent condition the resale value continues to increase.....but I do however listen to them all the time rather than collect I guess you could say......I do enjoy listening to them a lot.....daily I would say.
I have purchased from Discogs & I tried for years to buy the original of that LP & prices were insane. I now own both reissues, the 33 1/3 & the 45rpm. I like both versions, the 45 has a bigger soundstage & deeper bass. You could get either version off of Amazon & save $200.

I have purchased from Discogs & I tried for years to buy the original of that LP & prices were insane. I now own both reissues, the 33 1/3 & the 45rpm. I like both versions, the 45 has a bigger soundstage & deeper bass. You could get either version off of Amazon & save $200.
You like the re issue or remaster at 45RPM?
I generally am steered towards first pressings or first year of pressing generally.

I have a couple sitting in my cart(s) of the 45RPM version for under $50 which seems like a fair deal in my opinion....haven't looked into amazon.
Amazon does surprise me sometimes for sure.....been getting most of my Neil Young pre orders there at a pretty good price.....got WELD not too long ago. Only thing I could say negatively about purchasing from Amazon is they are just tossed in a box along with anything lese you ordered.
Corners have a high percentage of chance to being dinged up a bit. Most of what I own id NM or VG+.......I buy in high quality when used and have purchased a lot of new as well.

Being an audiophile isn't a cheap hobby, I went through numerous upgrades over a long period of time, before I got to where I wanted to be sound wise.
It got cheaper for me as I aged. I now own a lot of higher end vintage equipment that I could not afford when I was young.

I don’t think you are going to miss it much if at all.
I did Pandora for a few years and then switched to Spotify.
They are about equal but I’d give the edge to Spotify.

I cut our cable tv to both of our houses about 6 years ago.
The cost to keep both places on cable was staggering.
I do miss my SF Giants and I really love watching The Masters, Indy and a few other sports shows.
But then I think about how much I have saved so that helps a bit.

We only use our tv’s to stream things now and while it’s not perfect it’s close enough for us.

Yep. We got FUBO TV as they have the channels for both the White Sox and the Cubs, but I can also watch "native" home games for the Atlanta Braves (of course I recall when they were the Milwaukee Braves) there are other channels I can watch other BB Games on but not all that interested. Just sometimes fun to watch the Braves channel when they play the Cubs and hear Harry Caray's son Chip doing the announcing

Back