Canceled order

LarrySTX

Well, this is disappointing. I don't mind a few teething pains as an early adopter. Re the pellet hopper, maybe play around with some incline inserts to guarantee 5 to 6 hours of dependable operation until Weber has a solution / retrofit. The controller issues will get fixed over time.

But, the grease management system seems to be a design issue for which I'm not seeing an easy fix. For easy cleaning after long cooks, I'd planned on trying a pan
beneath the bottom grate or cooking on the top grate with pan on bottom. So, I would probably have be ok regarding grease fires.

However, I think a grease fire on one cook starting with a clean grill (as per Baby Back Maniac) makes the pit unacceptable and isn't something I'm willing to work around.

Weber has excellent customer service. Called this morning, got customer service on the line after a couple of minutes & cancelled the order without issue even though it has arrived at the shipping destination and was to be delivered in a few days. Asked if I needed to contact the freight company, but they said they would handle that. Already received an email from the freight company confirming cancellation of delivery. Asked about sending back the bag of free pellets and was told to keep them.

Will wait for EX6v2.

Probably a smart move. I’m investing in drip pans and now I know I won’t be able to just set it and forget it. I’ll have to set it and shake the pellets every couple hours

Best of luck to you. I saw a thread on another site (assuming I interpreted the response correctly) where Weber recommended the drip pan be placed on the bottom of the grill rather than on top of the flavorizer bars. Wonder if Weber thinks a large drip pan over the fire affects the cooking dynamics in some way.

Back