Can you hang ribs in a 14 WSM?

I have the Hunsaker rib hanger in my 18. A full St. Louis slab has 4-5 inches of clearance from the coals. Which is fine, although the tip near the fire gets a little crunchy. You should email the Hunsaker folks to get the exact dimensions for the 14. You might need to cut them in half in the 14.

My hanger works great. Ribs cook fast (4 hours no wrap @ 275F). Six slabs fit easily; I could get several more to fit if I needed to. It is very convenient to get the ribs in and out of the cooker versus juggling top/bottom grates, rib racks, rolls, etc. It is simplest if you skip the foil wrap (which is what I do).

Looking to compliment my 22 with something smaller when the kids go to college. I came across this Hunsaker 14 rib hanger:

https://www.hunsakersmokers.com/col.../products/14-5-stainless-steel-wsm-rib-hanger

Has anyone tried this? Does this really give you enough room to hang ribs in a 14 or do you need to cut the ribs?
Your gunna have to hang half racks , i have a 22 with the Hunsaker rack and with the stock water pan they will hit. I use a hunsaker vortex in it though and it works.

On my 14 I just use rib racks, I can do 4 full racks that way. Love the 14!

Back