California > Sebastopol: A&M BBQ

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
A&M BBQ
495 S Main St
Sebastopol, CA 95472

Apologies if my post is somewhat incoherent, I am suffering a food coma after having just enjoyed really high quality barbecue at A&M BBQ in Sebastopol, CA.

Pitmasters Kris Austin and Marvin McKinzy have joined forces at Marvin's previous BBQ & Deli storefront to smoke Texas-style brisket, chicken, pork spareribs, pulled pork, turkey, and jalapeno sausage on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays. They're also doing dino-sized beef short ribs on the weekends. Hours are 11:30am until sold out, sometimes as early at 2:00pm.

Mrs. TVWB and I enjoyed everything we ate. Both brisket and pork spareribs were perfectly moist and tender, seasoned with just S&P and good tasting BBQ sauce available at the table. The beans were some of the best we've ever had at a BBQ joint. I was so impressed that I went back in line for a smoked turkey sandwich and some more brisket to-go.

Prices are high, but so is the quality of the food. And Kris and Marvin couldn't have been friendlier or more appreciative of their customers. Great vibes and great music, too. Definitely someplace I will visit again when I'm ready for my next food coma! :sleep:

Here are some pics for your enjoyment.

IMG_3683.JPG

IMG_3684.JPG

IMG_3685.JPG

IMG_3687.JPG

IMG_3702.JPG

IMG_3704.JPG

IMG_3689.JPG

IMG_3700.JPG

IMG_3701.JPG

IMG_3691.JPG

IMG_3690.JPG

IMG_3693.JPG

IMG_3707.JPG

IMG_3706.JPG

IMG_3708.JPG

Sounds fantastic..
Uh 45 dollars for a beef rib...
I am in the wrong business
No, you probably don’t want to be in the beef rib business. Most joints hate them, according to Daniel Vaughn at Texas Monthly. Customers love them but most joints are lucky to break even on them. That’s why some joints only offer them on certain days. I doubt the profitability has improved since this article back in 2013.

Back