Cajun Bandit replacement door

Greetings,

I have a new Cajun Bandit SS door for the NEW WSM 22.5 and the handle does not seem to fit. When I attach the handle it is loose and the handle/latch turn independently. I saved all of the pieces and re-installed them the same way they came off the original (I think!). What am I missing?

Thanks,
Richard

If you replace the parts in the order/location they were on the stock door, it should work fine. I say that, because I placed one of the washers in a different spot for one of my Cajun Bandit doors and it just wouldn't work right. My guess is that you re-assembled incorrectly or you may be missing a part.

I pulled the CB door off my 18" Weber.

The 1st photo shows the knob, then the thick washer, then the spring washer, then the CB door in that order.

2hmmvy9.jpg

The second pic shows the other side. The latch, small washer and screw:

140x0g1.jpg

A note about that. The screw goes into a brass Ferrel in the plastic handle. Make sure the latch is 180* from the bottom of the handle. See pic. Don't under tighten the screw as the latch will come loose from the peg on the hadle that hols it in place. Don't over tighten as it my strip out the screw threads.

Let us know how it turns out AND on TBB go to the Taco Throwdown and vote for Toast if you haven't already!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">double post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Mike... If you go down to the bottom right hand corner of your post and click on the edit (middle one of the three icons) you can delete the post.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">double post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Mike... If you go down to the bottom right hand corner of your post and click on the edit (middle one of the three icons) you can delete the post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank You Sir!

Back