Buying Charcoal in Bulk

adam clyde

TVWBB Pro
Is there any source to buy Charcoal in bulk? The more and more I smoke, the more I realize how much charcoal I'm going through.

I can get the 2-24lb of kingsford from costco, but wondering if there is a source for even more bulk charcoal...?

Anyone know of a source or distributor?

Check with Susan Z. With the amounts she's purchased she may be a distrbutor by now
icon_smile.gif
! Just kidding, of course. I doubt if you'll be able to do any better than the Sams/Costco deals. They have extremly deep discount deals from the manufacturers.

Paul

The past 2 years, Home Depot has sometimes had big sales on their 2-24 lb packs. The sales are usually around 3 day holiday weekends during grilling season. I bought a bunch at ~$7.99 per 2 pack last year.

I have heard that Lump is better for long burn sessions and burns hotter than briquettes; I have also heard the opposite - are we talking a matter of fact or opinion in these cases?
Which is really best?

Tony

It does burn hotter and leaves less ash. However, I still prefer and use Kingsford because of its availabilty, price and consistent (predictable) results I achieve with it.

Paul

Oh boy - I did not mean to start the great debate all over again. I am going to be using some Kamado Extruded Lump pretty soon so I will join the debate. For now though I am just curious about what bulk purchase you are looking to make so that I can try to help.

Back