Buying a performer - gas question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pat McCreight

TVWBB Pro
I'm selling my gasser and am going to replace it with a Performer. I want to keep my 20# propane tank, as I like to have 2 around for beer brewing and other activities. Anyways, I would like to hook up the 20# tank to the Performer, rather than go with the smaller camping tanks. Do I need an adapter, longer hose, or anything else to accomplish this?

Pat,

I don't at this moment own a Performer however, there is an optional hose available for the Q-Grill, (which uses the same propane tank as the Performer), to connect it to a 20# tank. I understand this hose will work just fine to attain the same goal for the performer.

Don't go on my word alone, Weber Customer Service should be able to confirm this.

David

I've seen good reviews on those. Was thinking about it myself, but the lack of space taken up by the fuel cans has kept me from doing it. Just don't want to take up the space on the patio w/ a propane tank. And now that I've found two packs of the Coleman fuel canisters for $2.99 at Target, it's hard to justify $20+ for that fuel line.

I agree with what you're saying. I currently have a gasser, so I'll be gaining space somewhat. I already own 2 20# tanks, so it's easy for me. I brew beer using the propane, so I like to have a full spare for when I run out. This will allow me to do that, plus not have to worry about the tank for the performer.

I bought an adapter similar to that one linked above for my performer. I use it with a 5# tank. Works great. Could use one of my 20# tanks as well.

Locally I see the 3 packs of Coleman canisters for about $15.00 which is not much of a deal. So spending $17 on the adapter made sense for me. The 5# tank just sits on the lower shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back