butt or brisket for leftovers

Jim Smithson

TVWBB Fan
I am having some bbq lover friends over in a few weeks for the weekend and I want to make an awesome sat dinner and then use the meat leftovers for sunday dinner. sunday will be a smaller meal as we have a big brunch that day.

given that, butt or brisket for leftovers? good recipes for leftovers? brisket hash comes to mind for one.

thoughts or ideas?

thx

I did the recipe posted in this forum the BBQ spaghetti from Steve Raichlen using leftover brisket, and was damn impressed..it was great!

Brisket hash is great and an excellent idea. I also like things like chili, taquitos, and pasta for brisket. Chili based on butt is quite good as well and it also work for hash (I like it with boniato, onion, garlic, green and red peppers, calabaza, a squeeze of orange, a little vinegar, bay and oregano--served over rice and topped with minced cilantro and wedges of lime).

pulled pork quesadillas are great, but brisket lends itself to more ideas. I love smoked beef for chili as kevin mentioned as well as tacos or a hot open face sandwich with gravy. also a great pot pie. Both are great in burritos. hell they are both great do what you want.

Here's a real quick and delicious way to use leftover meat, it's from Real Grilling. http://www.realgrilling.com/rec_tostadas.html
It calls for pulled pork, but I substituted chopped beef and they were fantastic. I know they're appetizers, but you could make a meal on them
icon_wink.gif
!

Back