Butt Max and Min Temp w/ET-73

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk J

TVWBB Member
Probably a question I can figure out on my own, but since everyone is always so helpfull thought I'd ask. As posted earlier, I'm doing my first overnighter Friday, and just received a new Maverick ET-73. Doing pork butt before, I've never had a problem with temps so don't know how much work it is when they get away from you. If I'm going for the 225 - 250, when I set my thermometer max and min, how high and low should I go? Obviously since I'll be sleeping, I can let them stray farther than if I'm watching it, but how far before it takes me forever to get them back under control. Even though I always worry for no reason when I cook differently for the first time (everything has always turned out perfect)......I can't help myself. My guests will be expecting the same "Mr. Brown" they've always had, and can't get enough of.

Kirk, I set mine for 275-280 on the high side, and 215 for the low side. I've been awakened 2 different times, once high and once low. Both times it only took 3 minutes of adjusting to get it back on track, and me back to sleep. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks Rob, that's exactly what I was wanting. I will use those setting and see how it goes. You Gator fans are all right. Man, tough loss Saturday. Started out great.

Tough loss for sure. I almost wish they would have been blown out by Miami, like they were supposed to be. They got my hopes all up...

After your Friday overnighter, be sure to post how your ET-73 did and your temps held. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back