Butt Arrangement

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Got my smoker from bbqBob's (or rather, Santa got it there) and will be doing my first session tomorrow with 7.x and 5.x pound butts. How should they be arranged on the grates? Which one should get the probe thermometer?

If they both fit on one grate, choose the top-- it will be less hassle overall. If not, I would put the smaller on the bottom-- the top grate will be several degrees warmer, and hopefully it will help even out the finishing time for both. I'd start with the probe in the smaller/bottom, as it still may, in either scenario, reach your target temp first-- then you can move it to the larger/top one.

What Doug said! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats on your new WSM! Who says Santa aint real!

I use the 14 dollar probe therms. I have a few of them and sometimes use them all. WSM has more wires hangin on it than a Christmas tree sometimes. I have had good luck with them SO FAR!

Ya better go check them butts!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Or a space probe! Good idea with the multiple therm's. I got a Pyrex brand yesterday at Kohl's because I was desperate. The thing has something like a 25 year warranty! As long as you don't melt the probe/wire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back