Burner problem

Brandon Pilkington

TVWBB Member
I have an issue with only one burner tube on an old Genesis. The center tube will light but not well at first. It takes some time for all of the holes to light. Once lit it starts making a buzzing noise similar to what a bee sounds like...some of the burner tube holes do not stay lit when this occurs. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Is it the Genesis in your avatar? You don't indicate. Is it an LP or NG model? What happens if you light/run only the middle burner? If it's a newer front control IIRC these did not even have a Xover tube between the burners.........correct?
I might be looking at the valve itself given the scant info you gave

It is a Genesis 1000, the middle burner is the dual sided one, it does it if it is running by itself or along with the other two, if I shut it off the noise is gone, it was working and I dissasembled it to clean it up and now this is an issue. Valve is in good shape I took it apart too.

I would probably take it back off and recheck the valve and burner tube. There could be some debris that got into one or the other.

Seems like a gas flow issue to me. Rule of thumb. If something was working properly until you took it apart to "fix" it try to reverse the procedure :D

You mean "Un-Fix" it?

t0sG1c6.jpg

I cleaned the valve twice more in trying to diagnose the issue with no luck of it being fixed. Burner is very clean. I was going to swap regulators but decided to try out a single style middle burner with only one set of holes and now it's fine...🤬 I have no clue why it's doing it with the other tube but at least it is working now.

Likely is not the regulator. The regulator supplies gas to the manifold and the manifold disperses it to each valve. The other valves are good so it must be a problem inside the manifold or the individual valve or in the burn tube that is having issues. It sounds like the burner tube was this issue in your case. Glad you got it fixed without swapping out a bunch of parts.

Me too...wished I'd tried that to begin with...I just can't see any debris and the burner lights up...I swapped it with a really nasty one and it works perfect 😆 I'll have a new set soon

Back