Burgers... no, brats... no, burgers...

C Lewis

Closed Account
Home alone again for the weekend, and getting hungry. Some burgers sound real good. I go to the store to get the 80/20, and the brats catch my eye. Hmm, maybe brats instead? I grab both and head out, but it's the brats that really have me drooling. I get home and have a Buford T Justice moment... Sum bit@h, I forgot buns for the brats. Burgers it is then, but I'm still cooking both. Smokefire gets fired up and blowing smoke at 350F.

20220707_184403.jpg

Brats are easy. I put them in a pan with chopped up onions and whatever bell peppers I have, sprinkle a little of whatever seasoning I have around (this time Lawry's), and pour a beer over the whole mess and put it in for 40 minutes at 350F.

20220707_184315.jpg

These burgers are the ones that we call "easy burgers" and are 6oz of the previously mentioned 80/20, sprinkled with whatever (again, Lawry's), and put on at 350F for 20 minutes.

20220707_184309.jpg

From the original 40 minute timer, the brats are on. At the 20 minute mark, the brats are flipped, mostly for color, and the burgers are put on. 10 minutes later, the burgers are flipped, and when the timer is up 10 minutes later, the burgers go on the bottom rack, along with the brats, for a few minutes of final browning.

20220707_185503.jpg

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I get some brioche buns browning in the oven under the broiler. Need to watch them close!

20220707_185326.jpg

Maybe another 5 minutes or so and everything is done. I really want one of the brats, but I get the burger all together and it's good.

20220707_190157.jpg

Everything came out great, but as soon as I get up tomorrow, I'm getting some buns for those brats!

20220707_190215.jpg

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed.

Gotta admit, I thought this would be another “Smokefire lost flame” post.

Those look good

Gotta admit, I thought this would be another “Smokefire lost flame” post.

Those look good
Haven't had a "lost flame" yet, but I have had a couple of fail to starts. Each time though, as far as I know, they were due to my neglect of cleaning the fire pot, sometimes to the point of being a "torture test" ;)

I am way past my time for replacing the glow plug, but this one keeps working, so I'm going to keep pushing my luck and seeing how far I can get on it. Kinda like Kramer seeing how far he could get on the empty gas tank.

Like if you get that Seinfeld reference.

Back