Build your own Nacho bar for the college football games tonight

Jerry We

TVWBB Fan
Nachos.jpg

Trying to put a little excitement into watching the college football games tonight so we have a build your own nacho bar featuring brisket, pulled pork and turkey for the meat and lots of toppings. My selection of toppings was about as boring as the whole college football season has been this year. Watching cardboard cutouts of fans in the stands and listening to fake piped in cheering and booing just doesn't cut it. I've always gone to 2 or 3 Nothern Illinois games but that's not allowed and I probably wouldn't risk it if it was allowed. I guess it's better than no college football.

Not a college football fan, but man do I want some of that for tomorrow's North London Derby, Tottenham vs Arsenal, with 2000 real fans! I may have to try to use some of the last of the leftover pulled pork to make some Nachos for a early lunch! Man does your look good!

Those nachos look great. The first time I had these was several years ago from a food truck and paid $15 for a plate smaller than yours or mine. Homemade is so much better and costs a whole lot less.
We were talking about how I got into smoking meats in the first place just today. We would go to BBQ joints and drop 50 60 bucks plus for the five of us for simple sandwiches and my picky eater son loved it. So I thought I have to learn how to do that. Now for a fraction of that cost we get dinner and leftovers to do amazing stuff like this lunch.
We have also found we like what we make at home a lot more then most places we use to go. I have to say there are a few places we and I still love to go to get BBQ out.

We were talking about how I got into smoking meats in the first place just today. We would go to BBQ joints and drop 50 60 bucks plus for the five of us for simple sandwiches and my picky eater son loved it. So I thought I have to learn how to do that. Now for a fraction of that cost we get dinner and leftovers to do amazing stuff like this lunch.
We have also found we like what we make at home a lot more then most places we use to go. I have to say there are a few places we and I still love to go to get BBQ out.
Agree! There is way too much mediocre bbq for high prices. So much can be done with bbq starter. Pulled pork, brisket, make a meal in no time. Cheers. Course now that we know the secrets it is easy to spot good bbq.

Back