Buckboard Bacon w/Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Bissonnette

TVWBB Guru
Started curing two boneless pork butts on 11/29 using Hi-Mountain Buckboard Bacon Cure.

On 12/11 I removed them from the cure and soaked/rinsed them for two hours. I then slathered one down with Maple Syrup and fresh cracked black pepper, the other I rubbed with Texas Rib Ranger Spicey Rub.

I fired up the WSM using Royal Oak Lump and 3 chunks of sugar maple wood, using the Minion Method. I kept temps at the top grate in the 200 degree range for the entire 4 1/2 hour cook. I then wrapped both butts in foil, shut down all the vents and let them sit in the cooker for 1 additional hour.

I then refrigerated them overnight and sliced them up on Sunday morning, 12/12. Fried some up just to see how they turned out, it was great! I highly recommend this cook. Yielded 7 bags of BB Bacon. Pictures at the link below:

Buckboard Bacon 12/11/04

Bruce,
Looks great. I finally got around to getting some Hi-Mountain Buckboard Bacon Cure. I've been wanting to try this stuff! I have a butt in the fridge right now, and I plan to have Buckboard Bacon for breakfast Christmas morning. Thanks for the timely post and the great pics.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back