Bubba Keg Convection Grill

anyone got a sku/item #?

i don't see any in the 2 home depots here in cali...

is it an east coast thing?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reardon:
anyone got a sku/item #?

i don't see any in the 2 home depots here in cali...

is it an east coast thing? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't have the SKU# handy as I only handle domestic grills like Weber, but the Bubba Keg grill was rolled out to most stores. Some might have it stashed away back in an aisle and not out on the fishbone (the double row of Charbroils/Brinkmanns/Weber gas models by the front door)

ok found on hd.com, duh...

Store SKU# 659785

it is sold locally according to hd.com

that could be one reason they aren't selling, they are not out with the other grills/smokers, if at all.

but that could be good for me if i can score one on clearance. to decide if i should sell my webers for this thing. that is why i wanted to see one.

great reviews from everything i've read.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">posted by Chris Smith:

If you or someone you know is interested in buying one, we're probably going to end up putting them on clearance sometime in the fall. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris,

Who is the "we" that you refer to? I am interested.

I would also like to understand why this keg would not be more controllable with after-market fire rings and plate controls. (probably imprecise jargon.)

Do you have any impressions on the long term prospects of the grill. Is the hardware stainless or will it just rust away?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim Granzeau:

Chris,

Who is the "we" that you refer to? I am interested.

I would also like to understand why this keg would not be more controllable with after-market fire rings and plate controls. (probably imprecise jargon.)

Do you have any impressions on the long term prospects of the grill. Is the hardware stainless or will it just rust away?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We = Home Depot. I work at corporate as the grill analyst. Upon further review it doesn't appear that we'll be putting them on clearance due to our cost on the item.

I can't speak to the aftermarket questions you have. You might want to do some googling on that. The grill is solidly built, but it is about the size of a medium BGE...there isn't a lot of real estate on the cooking grid.

well, i went to another home depot, and no bubba keg grill. again, online says they carry it. that seems to be the problem, they are not out with the other grills, no model for people to see, hell, no boxes visible. how are they going to sell if people don't even know you have them as a smoker option?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by reardon:
well, i went to another home depot, and no bubba keg grill. again, online says they carry it. that seems to be the problem, they are not out with the other grills, no model for people to see, hell, no boxes visible. how are they going to sell if people don't even know you have them as a smoker option? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"sold at your local store" doesn't necessarily mean it's in stock...they may have sold what they have and are waiting on replenishment. did you ask an associate for help? if you'd like me to check your local stores' inventory, give me a city/state and I'll run a list of real time inventory levels for your stores.

ok, called store with sku, none in stock, none coming. same with area stores. she doesn't know if they ever had any because the computer doesn't show that. this is in fresno, ca.

oh well, i'll stick with what i got, it works, lol.

I emailed In Zone but have not received a reply. I contacted Home Depot and they told me that they only have them online rather than any in inventory in Houston. I am not sure what the long range plans are for the kegs but I feel safer sticking with my WSM and 22.5 OTS.

I inspected one thoroughly at the HD in Fort Myers. Personally, I would not buy one. They are metal and it is going to rust, particularly here in Florida. It will not be the last grill/smoker you buy. The price when first introduced here was a tad over $800.00, and now down to $650.00 because they aren't selling. The only aspect I liked was portability. For the money one can by an 18" and a 22" WSM, or a large ceramic type smoker. Consider carefully.

Hey Mike -

Thanks for the heads up. I have yet to hear back from In Zone so I suppose there aren't any available in Houston. We have a similar environment to Fl. so I suppose that we would see a similar wear lifetime on the grill.

There seems to be 1 a these left nation wide @ HD and its setting here in Michigan with a busted CI grill no tool and banged up for $299.00 I would a bought it but the goof ball manager wouldn't come off the price with all that damge but 10% . In the shape this ones in he will be lucky to get a $150.00
icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm always too little too late with my ideas. I literally just thought of something similar to this while reading up on converting the smokey joe into a mini wsm. Has anyone attempted or heard of anyone attempting to convert an 8 gallon keg into a sort of mini UDS?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Guy Wallace:
There seems to be 1 a these left nation wide @ HD and its setting here in Michigan with a busted CI grill ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not so. They have them in the Las Cruces, NM store for $299. At least they still had them as of Tuesday.

I ended up with the one here finaly talked the day store manager down to $175.00 tax and all .haven't even used it yet had it a couple weeks

Nice persistance, Guy!

That is a really good score. It will be a useful cooker for a very long time judging by everything I have read. I would love it in the winter and tailgating / camping.

Enjoy

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ernie D:
Nice persistance, Guy!

That is a really good score. It will be a useful cooker for a very long time judging by everything I have read. I would love it in the winter and tailgating / camping.

Enjoy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks !

I mainly got it for winter here in Michigan ! Now atleast I can cook no mater what the weather is outside . And at the price I couldn't say no ! But I did have to pester a manager
icon_biggrin.gif

Back