Brush recommendation for porcelain cast iron?

Steve Wuerthele

I just got my Genesis, and need to get a grill brush. Got confused about exactly what I need to get.

- Brass (seems like this may not be true any more?)
- Stainless steel (new weber brushes use this?)
- Scrubby pad

Any recommendations for what kind of brush I ought to get?

teve,

I use brass. If I have a few spots between the grates, I let the grill cool and before I fire it up again, I use a small plastic putty knife to scrape between the grates. I also wipe the hot grill with a paper towel dampened with oil before placing food on the grate.

Ray

weber seems to say that their brush can be used on all grates. for my porcelain ci grate i went and got a regular brass wire brush.

Brass bristled brush is the best for porcelain as it doesn't scratch.

However... In California brass bristled brushes are illegal. We could be fined $1500 if we sell a brass bristled brush.

You can still find them in stores in California because stores not specfically selling BBQs probably haven't been told.

The powers that be here seem to think the BB are poisonous. No other state is doing this.

If you can find brass, it is best.

i live in california, been able to find a few weber 18" brass brushes in random home depot and OSH stores. they're usually on the bottom of the box since the stocker puts the newer stainless steel brushes on the top.

Back