Brown SS Performer picked up today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim M.

TVWBB Super Fan
Got this from a nice gentleman today, looking around and searching the forum a bit I didn't see any others in this color? It's not the greatest pic but it's definitely brown not red or burgundy. Vent code N.

DSCN1494.jpg

Here are some more pics:
DSCN1515.jpg

DSCN1516.jpg

DSCN1513.jpg

DSCN1512.jpg

DSCN1511.jpg

DSCN1514.jpg

Overall it's in really good shape there are some pock marks on the bowl at the grate holder attachment points and the sweeper is seized but the ignitor fired right up and there's no rust on the frame.

Tim
Great looking grill. I've never seen this color before! Sounds like it doesnt need too much work...congrats on a nice looking Performer

Yowza! That's an awesome looking Performer! It's the first I have seen in that color. It's solid and not two toned either.

The color really depends on how the light hits it. It must not have been cooked on much there's hardly any buildup inside the lid. I've never had a grill with that color maybe as it gets hot and cools it develops that 2-tone look I've seen with other browns?

I'm curious as to the origin of availability maybe it was for a specific retailer like the C&B green.

I was just looking at the picture of the ignition area, and reading the instructions. I find it interesting that you can light it with a match. I have never seen this. I have the newer performer and I don't think it has anything about lighting with a match. It says something about a match holder. Does anyone have a picture of this match holder? What is it? I'm curious.....

Brian

Oh and at first look this performer looks nice but....upon further inspection I noticed the "E" is knocked out of one of the wheels. I don't think this grill is worth anything, I'd trash it. By the way when is your garbage day?

Very nice looking Performer. Is that a 20 lb propane tank or the little one that Weber sold with the older performers?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hank B:
Very nice looking Performer. Is that a 20 lb propane tank or the little one that Weber sold with the older performers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hank,
Thats the 5 lb tank that the old stainless Performers came with.

Well I passed it on to a good friend of mine, it's his first Weber kettle. It got a great home to a guy who will enjoy cooking on it.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim M.:
Well I passed it on to a good friend of mine, it's his first Weber kettle. It got a great home to a guy who will enjoy cooking on it.
wsmsmile8gm.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE> You mean we won't get to see it get used?
icon_frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back