BRITU Ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff S.

TVWBB Fan
Last weekend I fixed about 5 lbs of ribs just like the BRITU recipe called for.
They were awesome.
This weekend Im going to do about 10 lbs of the same recipe.
If I was to put some of the ribs on the lower rack (using rib racks) will they turn out the same as the ones on the top rack.
Wasnt sure being right over the water bowl.
Thanks.

Jeff,
I did my first rib cook last weekend and loaded racks on both grates (upper and lower). I put britu's on top and texas sprinkle on bottom. britu's seemed to have a better texture but I dont know if it was the racking or the rub. I dont think you'll notice much difference.

I also did my first ribs last week. I had the top rack loaded, six 2 pound racks in a Rib rack on top and three 2 pound racks rolled and sceward on the bottom rack.The Top rack seemed to cook a little faster.

The ribs on the top rack will get done quicker than the ones on bottom. You can swap the top & bottom about half way through the cook to even things out.

When loading up both levels like this I always switch. You can tell just by looking that the top level ones cook much quicker than the lower. You should also swap the interior with the exterior ribs. Just a quick look will tell you that the outermost ribs cook much quicker than the indside ones.

A little bit of a hassle, but, HEY, it gives you something to do!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back