BRITU Overnite?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Any thoughts out there on whether it's a good idea (or not) to rub BRITU and then bag for 24 hours? I'm concerned about the potential "salty" issue, even though I plan to go sparingly on the rub. Got a new butt rub recipe that I'm trying and will report on that too. Also tomorrow, the big question - Tofu On The Smoker... or Not.

BeerBoy

Good afternoon David:

Please save face and money by taking Jim's advice. July fourth I applied rub overnight to three beautiful racks of baby backs and paid the exact price you suspect. They looked and smelled wonderful but I learned how a slug (snail) feels when one applies salt to his back!

?.John

[This message has been edited by John Lancaster (edited 08-03-2001).]

Thanks guys, I've dodged THAT bullet.... The ribs are awaiting a gentle sprinkling tomorrow late morning. I saw on the original BRITU recipe at the bottom of the page to apply rub two hours prior to smoking. I figured there was a reason for posting that question (as John sadly found out). Maybe next time I'll read ALL the way through before I leap. That's be so unlike me though....

BeerBoy

Beerboy-

I'll be interested in seeing your report on the tofu. I'm going to try it one of these days. Tomorrow I'm smoking a pork loin and some chicken. Maybe in my next outing I'll try the tofu.
Ken

[This message has been edited by Ken Peabody (edited 08-03-2001).]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back