BRITU First Time

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well tried the BRITU recipe today with much anticipation. I mixed the rub recipe last night and could hardly wait to get up in the morning to start the cook. I modified the rub slightly by only using only 1/8 cup of salt and added an additional 1/8 cup of brown sugar to compensate. Cooked for 3 hours, then turned the ribs. One of the ribs that I had skewered with a bamboo skewer had fell over and a little meat stuck to the grill. Oh well first time so not a big deal. I am going to purchase a rib rack and I think I will cut the ribs in half next time to fit into the rack perfectly. Opened the vents some more and cooked for another 1 1/2 hours. Took the ribs off and sauced them with the KC Masterpiece and Honey sauce and voila. Mind you I have never cooked baby back ribs in my life. They looked great and tasted even BETTER. I told my wife I loved my new smoker and after a few bites of the ribs she looked over at me and said "I think I love your new smoker too." Well with that being said I would say the ribs were a great success. I have plenty of rub leftover and some ribs to take to work. These ribs tasted better than anything I have had in restaurants and they had ALOT more meat too. I would like to thank everyone here for the help and support. P.S. No thermometer was used in this cook.

britu.jpg

Bryan,

Congratulations on some mighty fine looking ribs.

Indeed the BRITU recipe yields the finest tasting ribs I've ever eaten. Nothing in restaurants has come close.

Enjoy.

-Albert

Mmmm, looks good. I highly recommend the Cabela's rib rack, I just bought a 2nd one last week...I'm ditching my Weber rack.

Find it here.

The Cabela's rack is identical to the CharBroil rack, commonly available at both Lowe's and Home Depot.

Thanks for the info on the other rib rack. How long would you cook the potatoes for I wonder??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back