Briskey

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Howdy all!!

Chris, great site!! A veritable wealth of q'en knowledge!

I got a great deal on a brisket at WinCo foods. It's a 10.97 pounder that was only a $1.28/lb. The cryo pack said Harris ranch, and I used to frequent the restaurant down there all the time for their great grub, so I figured it was good meat. Anyhow, the briskey went on at 7 this morning using the infamous (or is it famous?) Minion method. The meat has been in the low 180's for the last 2 1/2 hours. I'll post results on it later this evening or first thing tomorrow.

Woo hoo!

Of course, I'd already be eating it at that temp (if it felt tender), but I reckon I'm different than most of you folks.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Susan Z:
Woo hoo!

Of course, I'd already be eating it at that temp (if it felt tender), but I reckon I'm different than most of you folks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I broke down and took the meat off when it hit 190ish.(I was gonna try n make it to 200) It was awesome, altho I think next time I'll trim more of the fat cap off and go with a better cut of meat (this was a select)...but considering the price, it was awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back