Brisket

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I want to do a brisket along with some ribs for some company this weekend... Went to the store and found 2 types, the whole and a flat... I know the difference with the whole having a fat cap and longer cooking time... My question is this - will there be a big difference in the end result taste of the brisket... My son is coming and he says brisket is "where it's at" so I want it to be real good...
Any advice would be appreciated - along with a good rub... Trying to decide between the rub on this site or Dallas Dandy Brisket in "Smoke and Spice"...
Thanks,
Gary in Sarcy, AR

Hi Gary!

Below is the recipe I use for my competition brisket rub. Hope you enjoy it!

As to taste, should be no difference.

I learned how to cook brisket using whole packer trims and cooked many of them over the last 6 years. I guess we ultimatley decided that we liked the pork sammiches better than the beef sammiches.....so, why cook the point if you won't eat it.

I have been doing only flats lately and they cook quite different than a whole packer trim. We still have lots of leftovers and continue to use smoked brisket in many of our homemade dishes.

I would ask your son how the brisket is served and you should get an idea if he is eating sammiches or slices.

Stogie

Yum-Yum Steak Seasoning

4 tablespoon(s) Salt
2 tablespoon(s) Paprika
1 tablespoon Black pepper, coarsely ground
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon Coriander
1/2 teaspoon Turmeric

PREPARATION:
Mix together and use on any beef.

Makes about 1/2 cup.

I always use the point for chopped beef "sammiches." Just chop it up and mix in the sauce till it's just right. Mmmmm Mmmmm good.
Throw on a couple of rings of onion and they are great for a quick, on the run, snack.

P.S. Kids love 'em too!

[This message has been edited by Couch Potato (edited 07-18-2001).]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back