Brisket with pics if interested.

Rick Soliman

TVWBB Pro
Brisket and Sausage

This brisket flat was around 7.5 lbs and took 8.5 hours to cook with the following method. I foiled when it hit 160 and watched the temps every hour. I pulled an placed in cooler when it hit 200.
I feel the foiling prevented a thicker bark and smoke ring. However the meat was excellent.

Rick

Cool Dog ! He knows where the warm spot in the garage is !

BTW, your brisket and suasage look good, too.

Paul

Looks great, Rick! I can be there in time for late night sandwiches!
icon_smile.gif

Rick, a couple of questions:

What temp was the smoker at?

Is it normal to see liquid pooled up like that? I've never seen that, but then I don't peek very often either.
icon_wink.gif

JimT

Jim

Here is the info you asked for.
Time and Temps(top grate) Meat temp
8:00am 238_________________40
9:00am 227 ________________91
10:30am 250 ________________144
11:30am 230 ________________157
1:30pm 225 ________________162 Foiled
3:00pm 238 ________________185
3:45pm 240 ________________192
4:30pm 241 ________________204 Removed

As for the liquid I used a homemade injection which included beef broth and that was one of the injection sites. The brisket was very moist the juice just poured out when i sliced it.

Thanks
Rick

Rick,

When I got all through your pictures, the Kodak Photoshare folks showed me how I could get a coffee mug with one of your photos on it. The example they showed was photo 1 - a big raw meat brisket. It's too late for Valentine's Day, but you might think about getting some raw brisket mugs made for a special occasion. Just an idea.

-Pete

Pete
Yes that is halarious. Everytime I upload a picture album it will show me that. One time it was a giant up close photo of my pork butt on the front of a t-shirt.

LOL

Back