Brisket vs Corned Beef, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm new to all this so I still have questions. I haven't smoked anything but BRITU and Mr. Brown, both of which came out wonderful despite my participation.

I was thinking of doing a brisket next, and have seen several posts concerning brisket. Also some posts about doing Corned Beef brisket. Am I correct in assuming that Corned Beef is just a brisket that has been brined? (plus maybe some other seasonings).

Is corned beef better, not better, or totally different than doing a brisket from scratch?

For Chris' pastrami recipe he starts with a brisket and applies the spices. If I made pastrami from a corned beef brisket, would I omit the seasoning steps?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Ferguson:
[qb]If I made pastrami from a corned beef brisket, would I omit the seasoning steps?[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Corned beef is cured brisket. If you bought a corned beef brisket with the intention of making pastrami, you would omit the 3-day curing step, but you would want to apply the seasoning rub for the cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back