Brisket sauce on a butt?!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Well I thought I would toss in what I did to a poor unsuspecting butt! I bought a very nice 8lb'er from the local butcher and proceded to score it and covered it with a rub that I picked up at Cabella's in NE a few weeks ago on my travels. The rub is Masterbuilt "Southern Secrets" . Then I poured Allegro "Brisket Sauce" on it and left it in the fridge for a couple of days.(I don't know why I used a Brisket Sauce. I think it was there and sounded different!) Then yesterday I put in the WSM most of the day. Foiled it and left it overnight in my handy-dandy cooler. This AM I pulled it this am and worked in a bit more rub. And I don't mean to brag but that had to be the best butt I think I have ever had!!!! My wife and I quite happily had BBQ Butt for Breakfast!!

Life is good with a WSM!

Sounds like you "kicked it up a notch." Finding a taste you like is what its all about in my opinion. I enjoy experimenting with different sauces and rubs. You know what they say, "ya kinda get tired of looking at the same ole butt every day"!! I mean pork of course! /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Happy Holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back