Brisket question

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Have done several briskets on my WSM and all have turned out good and better than any other I have done in the past. I usually take them out around 200 F., cook around 225-250, and have foiled at times and at times have not. I am still looking for that JUICY brisket and have not found it. Any ideas or help from the forum would be appreciated.

Try taking it off the cooker at 185? internal, foil and place in a dry cooler for 30 min to hour and see how it is for moistness.
Jim

I put the brisket on the bottom rack and a pork butt on the top rack. MMMMMmmmmm tasty... automatic basting for a nice moist brisket! You might also try taking it out at about 188 to 190 instead of 200. My cooking temps run about the same as yours. I've never foiled while cooking, but DO foil immediately upon removal from the cooker and let it sit, wrapped snug in foil and heavy towels inside a warm ice chest, for at least an hour. That sitting-time seems to be what makes the difference in juiciness, all other things remaining the same in testing. Whatever does the trick, the whole method works well for me, so I'm reluctant to change any one part of the process. /infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Just my 2-cents' worth, for whatever that's worth...

Keri C
Smokin on Tulsa Time

Postscript: I had posted this description of my brisket doin's before Jim's note popped up... if Jim says 185, I'd go with 185. -kc

Planning to take brisket off at 185 F. - should the polder be in the point or the flat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back