Brisket Pics

Kevin Cameron

TVWBB Member
Here are my latest brisket pics. Looked good and tasted good, just not as tender as I wanted. I think I smoked it too long, and there wasn't alot of fat on it. Beans tasted good, but didn't cook quite long enough. Guess I gotta keep on tryin'5 Jun Brisket

It looks really good - and that smoke ring looks like icing on a cake. (A cake made of beef of course...)

How long did you let it rest for before you cut it?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Susan Z:
Purty smoke ring! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Susan, I have been wondering for a while and I just have to ask... what does your signature line say? Is that Latin? I think it expresses some sort of gratitude for a drink or something!
icon_smile.gif
Probably wrong, but I am curious.

Tony

Kevin. That's the thickest flat I think I've seen. Looks great!

Tony, think Ogden Nash.....

Loren

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loren:

Tony, think Ogden Nash.....

Loren </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Loren, his name sounded familiar so I searched and he is a poet. I assume Susans signature is this piece of his work...

Reflections on Ice-Breaking
by Ogden Nash

Candy
Is Dandy
But liquor
Is quicker.

Oh my Goodness, I feel like in Literature class!
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Susan Z:
Winner winner
chicken dinner! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yippeee!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks to all for the compliments.

Art-I got the bean recipe from a new cookbook (Barbecue, Biscuits, and Beans: Chuckwagon Cooking by Bill Cauble, Cliff Teinert, Tommy Lee Jones, Watt Matthews Casey) and it is 2# of soaked, cleaned pintos, 2 yellow onions cut up, 1 tblsp on garlic powder, 1 tlbsp of crushed red pepper, black pepper and salt to taste and 1 ham hock (you just can't cook beans w/o ham hocks!!). Brought to a boil, put on smoker untill done. Ham hock got ALOT of flavor from brisket above.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony Hunter:...Loren, his name sounded familiar so I searched and he is a poet. I assume Susans signature is this piece of his work..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done grasshunter. Ogden was cool but rejected by the elete poets. He had much to say about women (and not just those in the vanites). For example: "An occasional lucky guess as to what makes a wife tick is the best a man can hope for, Even then, no sooner has he learned how to cope with the tick than she tocks." Ogden Nash

Loren

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Loren:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony Hunter:...Loren, his name sounded familiar so I searched and he is a poet. I assume Susans signature is this piece of his work..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done grasshunter. Ogden was cool but rejected by the elete poets. He had much to say about women (and not just those in the vanites). For example: "An occasional lucky guess as to what makes a wife tick is the best a man can hope for, Even then, no sooner has he learned how to cope with the tick than she tocks." Ogden Nash

Loren </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is very interesting; although, philosophically speaking, those mysterious female ticks and tocks are also shared by males/husbands. The challange for husbands and wives is to learn how to tick and tock in unison rather than at off intervals. Usually wifee is ticking while hubby is tocking!
icon_smile.gif
Spouses have to get in sync with each other; this of course takes time, patience, committment and love - things that our society too often take for granted unfortunately.

Just my non-bbq thoughts; unless, of course I get "grilled" on what I just said!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back