Brisket on tonight

V. Roberts

TVWBB Member
Due to expected inclement weather I decided to start cooking my brisket and beef chunks for stew tonight. I only was able to have the rub on it for five hours in the fridge, I hope that works.
After the brisket is done I want to do some of Keri's Hog-Apple Baked Beans. The only problem is I don't have any hog sauce or rub, any suggestions for substitutions?

Val

Val, your brisket will do fine. I often just rub while prepping the fire. Sub. any rub and sauce. There are many in the rub and sauce section. I am partial to the Number 5 sauce and 4-Pepper rub.

Steve,
Thanks for the suggestion. One question I have about the sauce is; is it cooked and if so how long?

Thanks,
Val

Hey, Val, just use your favorite sauce or rub in the beans, and they'll be fine. Blues Hog is a thick, sweet, and spicy sauce. Since I tend to be very stingy with my Blues Hog, I often use other commercial sauces in the beans, such as Head Country or Sweet Baby Ray's.

Just use your favorite sauce and rub in the beans, and it'll work great. Blues Hog makes 'em good, but is not necessary to their success. That's just the "Hog" in the "Hog-Apple" name.
icon_smile.gif

Keri C

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by V. Roberts:
After the brisket is done I want to do some of Keri's Hog-Apple Baked Beans. Val </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Put them beans under the brisket so they can soak up all that brisket love juice.
icon_wink.gif

Back