Brisket Chili

Thanks Guys, and Bill from Texas, the next one I make I will do just for you. It will be venison, five different dried chili's roasted then rehydrated in cast iron then put in a blender with some oil and ground into a paste. Then into a CI with onions and garlic simmering with the chili paste, some diced green peppers and all the appropriate spices and cubed venison.
That is my version for those days when I am two stepping around the kitchen. Usually after watching the Duke in a good western.
I once did a chili with elk, antelope, rabbit, and rattle snake. It was like a zoo, but tasted much better.

That's a great pot of beans, Bill! I always think I'm gonna make beans or chili w/ my leftovers, but than I don't have any leftovers :)

Love chili, or con carne, whatever......It appears so, but was the brisket cooked prior to grinding or did you did grind first. From the picture it appears that it was cooked and then ground up? Is that correct? Don't think that I have ever ground up cooked meat before and wondered how it came out, as it appears from the pic that it was very fine and not bigger pieces as the choppped/cut slices..................d

Back