Brinkmann charcoal pan- to WSM water pan

andrew j murphy

I know there have been posts galore on this topic, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a CURRENT cheap price (also consider shipping) on a Brinkmann Charcoal pan. I've been all over the web and it seems like $20 after shipping is the best I can do. What about stores in SD, Ca.

I also read (elsewhere) that one guy had a greater temp variation on a WSM with the large brinkmann compared to an identical WSM with the stock pan. Smoking was done on the same day/time. Any idea why?

Andrew,
How's free? I bought one 18 months ago, used it once and haven't used water since. Tell me where to send it. My email address is in my profile. I'll mail it out and you can reimburse me for the shipping after you get it.

Wow, how's that for generosity!!

As to the OP's first question, I've used the Brinkman pan a few times and have not noticed any difference in how the temp is kept.

I would say that one annoying thing about the Brinkman pan is less distance from the charcoal, and therefore less room to fit wood.

Maybe my WSM is magic, but I can do an overnight without needing to refill the stock pan during the time I am sleeping (8-9 hours). For that reason and the less clearance I mentioned above, I don't use the Brinkman pan anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I know there have been posts galore on this topic, but I was wondering if anyone knows of a CURRENT cheap price (also consider shipping) on a Brinkmann Charcoal pan. I've been all over the web and it seems like $20 after shipping is the best I can do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you end up having shop for one, try Academy Sports, if you have one in your area. They stock the Brinkmann charcoal pans for about $5.

I noticed the same thing as Matt A 3. I used my 2009 WSM for 2 racks of baby backs and I used maybe a half inch of water out of the water pan. I easily could have gone another 6-10 hours after the first 5. Any idea why? The grill was consistantly over 225* the entire time. Is the grill pan in the 2009 model bigger.

I bought direct from Brinkman for $20 with shipping. I havent even used the original pan I just use the brinkman. For chuck rolls and pork butt having the extra water is great. I dont really have any trouble piling charcoal in the ring with the brinkman pan. I havent run out of fuel yet and smoked a pork butt overnite when the temps were 10 degrees F here in chi town. I have had to add water even to the brinkman after 8-9 hours. It wasnt dry but getting low.

Back