Brinkman Charcoal Pan to replace Water Pan

Jimbo B

TVWBB Fan
"I have purchased one of these pans and it works quite well. The wide rim does provide a more stable fit for the pan when placed in the middle cooking section.

* The Brinkmann Charcoal Pan, part number 114-0002-0, can be ordered from Brinkmann at 800-468-5252 or from the Brinkmann Web site.
* This pan is also available at retailers that carry Brinkmann smokers, and is sometimes sold under part number 812-0002-0.
* The price ranges from $4 to $14 depending on where you purchase the pan"

Anyone know of another online source for this? The link in the guide on vwb goes to a defunct web page.

Hey everybody. It's my first post, but I've been lurking around here for some time taking in all the knowledge. You guys have helped my BBQ become pretty darn good!! So here's a big THANK YOU!

I ordered two new pans through Bass Pro on 12/26 and still have not received them. Anyone else's take this long?

Also, a great trick I learned from my mom as far as cleaning ovens, etc. Throw everything you can in a large trash bag with a few cups of amonia, tie it up, let it sit overnight, and everything comes off cleanly with little to no effort the next day. Works like a charm! And I mean they will be CLEAN!!

I order two charcoal pans to replace my stock water pan a few months back and they took about 1 week to arrive.

I'm sure they'll arrive anytime now.

Just called Bass Pro and they said it should be here sometime next week. I've never had good luck with USPS shipping, but I also didn't pay a dime for the pans thanks to my Bass Pro rewards points. It helps to be in credit card debt!

Found my charcoal pan in a trashed ECB on the side of the street with a big sign taped to the lid that said FREE. Works great!

Smokin on the Beach,
Jon

Originally posted by Doug D:
However, as noted above, it is the Brinkmann charcoal pan that is used in the WSM. The water pan will not fit.

Bass Pro

$7.95 shipped - thanks for posting this! Everywhere else I looked the pan was almost twice that without shippping.

Also, a great trick I learned from my mom as far as cleaning ovens, etc. Throw everything you can in a large trash bag with a few cups of amonia, tie it up, let it sit overnight, and everything comes off cleanly with little to no effort the next day. Works like a charm! And I mean they will be CLEAN!!

Dan - does the amonia damage the finish on the cooking grates in any way? I haven't heard of this before, but I like the sound of it!

Mike,

I don't think the plating on the grates is very durable, but here is a link to a similar discussion. Note Chris Allinghams post...

Q'n, Golf'n & Grill'n.... too many choices!
Gary

Dan - does the amonia damage the finish on the cooking grates in any way? I haven't heard of this before, but I like the sound of it!

Hey Mike,

I've done it several times with pots, pans, oven racks... practically anything that gets covered in nastiness and I've never had a problem. The best part is that a bottle of ammonia is only about $1 and will last you for a long time.

Can't beat that over oven cleaner. I've only had it not work one time, but all the others it was a peach! Let me know if you try it and have any luck!

---

Thanks for the feedback, Gary and Dan!

Gary -- I followed your link and read Chris' comments.

Dan -- I think I'll try your amonia method. Even if it DOES damage the finish, I can just be like Chris and get a new top grate for next summer. (Actually, that may not be a bad idea - that way I'll have a back up.)

Happy smokin', y'all!!!!
icon_smile.gif

Back