Brining?

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

G

I ran across this rib grilling recipe that called for a beer brine and then about hour and half grilling. Has anyone tried brining with slow cook?

I don't recall anything on brinning ribs but if you do a search on the topic you may find it. Nor do I recall a beer brine. Most of the discussion is around brining poultry. That process is felt to enhance the taste and permit the poultry to be cooked to a higher internal temp without as much of a drying out problem. You'll find a great deal on that subject and, in fact, a seperate forum section that includes brining. Most here cook there poultry at a higher temp and not low/slow; however I often do it low/slow.

Paul

I have tried brining ribs on one occasion. It did work to make them a bit more tender, however, it also made them taste a bit more like ham than I would have liked. I would compare it to purchasing and cooking "enhanced" ribs that have been injected with a salt water solution. You should give it a try as you might like the taste. I do prefer to brine my poultry and leave the ribs alone though.

Back