Brand new master touch, lid holder scratching lid

BMort

So picked up a master touch plus yesterday.

Put it together and did an initial burn today. Noticed after using the lid holder a couple of times it’s was scratched to hell.

Is this normal? I’ve had two return two smoke fires recently for horrible quality control and other issues and now this. 7F716146-DA03-4CDE-ACCF-F11540FC9E6A.jpegC606D85E-A563-44E6-A5AE-50D90FFD8405.jpeg

I would definitely talk to Weber about that, but always be careful when using the bale for that reason. I'm pretty sure I've got some scratches, too.

Have you tried buffing them out? Looks like it could be residue from the bar also. If it's scratched I would notify Weber too. They more than likely will send you a new lid and holder.

Is the bar installed correctly?
I know my Bro bought one assembled by Ace and the bar was crooked and the small base was backwards.
What I did notice is the Mastertouch lid bale doesent let the lid go past 90 like my Performer.

Weber will probably send you a new lid, which will do the same thing. Not sure why the outside porcelain of the lids is so thin. But I’ve been there with my Performer, Jumbo and Go-Anywhere lids, and a I can’t help but feel that Weber designed them this way.

Some have been saying the new M-T plus feels thin and flimsy.
I have the base model and it feels normal.
If I paid that price ^^I'd be Po'd also.

Back