Braggin' Rights Brisket - Smoke & Spice

Jim Smithson

TVWBB Fan
HI All

I am making a brisket tomorrow and plan on using my Smoke and Spice book as I have had good luck with their recipes. They have two brisket recipes and I have more interest in the Braggin' Rights Brisket but they claim it should be done on wood burning pit...and give a different recipe for a water smoker. The alternative recipe involves a marinade and different rub etc...

Anyone try the braggin' rights recipe? It is basically just a rub recipe (wild willy) and plop the brisket on the smoker...not sure why they wouldnt think it would work as well on a water smoker.

Thoughts? thx!

We've done the Braggin Rights thats the one with the marinade and it's pretty tastey. You might want to check that one out. I use Guiness as the beer of choice about a half of a can.
As far as the Dallas Dandy doing better on a water smoker I think it is the size difference. The BRB call for a 8-12lb packer and the DDB calls for a 4lb trimmed section. Do the Braggin Rights on the WSM you won't regret it.
Thanks for the welcome Bill. I used the WSM for 4 butts yesterday.

Good to see you over here Dave. Welcome aboard!
icon_cool.gif

thanks guys.

I will go with the braggin rights as I am doing a full brisket.

I found a nice full brisket at my local Kroger on sale! $1.79/lb for a 13/lb....a pretty thick fat layer so probably down to 11-12 when trimmed. My local meat market was $4/lb and very small briskets! I have never heard of a 4-5lb full brisket....suuuuure.

I will report the success after this weekend.

thx

Back