Bought my 1st Weber, what else?

Mike in CT

I picked up my Mocha Genesis 2 E-310 NG NIB from someone on FB this morning, happy with the price of $550. I'm ordering an OEM 7130 cover for @ $75 (I'm in the camp that thinks breathable is better, I'd be grateful if someone has a link to a cheaper OEM 7130). Will get a Thermapen MK4 at some point (Only seeing them at $99 retail at the moment , again, would be grateful for a lead on a place selling for cheaper).

Any recommendations from the pros for other accessories, brushes, etc? I have my old school grill brushes, tongs and spatulas, but would like thought on any accessories that stand out from the crowd.

Mike:
Thermoworks currently has the classic Thermapen red/black on sale 20% off. Not as many bells & whistles as the MK4, but they put them on sale from time to time as well. I got mine a few years back close to the 4th of July. I use it indoors and out for various thinks we cook. Also have some of their silicone trivets. and cheap pair of silicone gloves I got off Ebay.

I've got a pair of old long Ecco tongs I use alot as well as old Coleman grilling tools with the green rubber handles that I love too!

Thermoworks is the best, but I have to say that I have been highly impressed with this one from ThermoPro. The TP-19H:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07XXSYLL8/tvwb-20

If you have your heart set on a Thermapen then go for it - they are top drawer. But honestly I can't see what it can do to justify a 4X higher price! My TP-19 works like a charm and seems to me to very solidly built. Even waterproofed with brass screw holders. I say save your money on this and use it for another grill item. Maybe some nice steaks!

IMG_4176(1).jpg

IMG_4081(1).jpg

I am also a fan of the wood "scraper" in place of a wire brush. The prices for these are all over the place. Bruce got some on clearance for like five bucks. I use one on my Platinum with GrillGrates very successfully. If you have stainless steel rods, the Chargon is another EXCELLENT option. It may look like it is a pain to use, but others here can attest to how well it works and that it really doesn't take that long.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00UI1X0L2/tvwb-20

If you buy high quality (and the best I have found is this) Libman grill brush you will never ever see and errant bristle.

Back