Bought accessories, can't wait for WSM to arrive!

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I bought one of the last $150 units on Amazon a few days ago. Supposed to arrive by next Monday, but I'm sure hoping it gets here next weekend. I'm currently a gas man so had to get all the stuff from scratch. Stuff I picked up this weekend:

- 3" smoke thermometer for dome (it's really cool, nice big markings and even a colored target BBQ zone ranging from 200-300*)
- Unibit to drill hole for above
- washer to mount thermometer
- bags of big chunk smoking wood, various
- wireless Redi-Chek remote probe thermometer and base station (really cool gadget)
- Brinkmann charcoal bowl to use as big water pan
- sand
- leather BBQ grill gloves
- neoprene hot meat handling gloves
- latex raw meat disposable gloves
- huge plastic cutting board
- 48lb Kingsford charcoal, plain (a steal at $11 from Sam's)
- spray bottle
- basting mop
- Weber chimney starter (at only $12 I can't imagine why anyone would get the no-name chimneys ranging from $6-11)
- some spare skewers

Still need to pick up an oil pan from auto parts store, and waiting on WSM to see if my existing flower watering pot will work (if I decide to stick with water at all). Alsop will pick up cimiter and maybe an electric carving knife, as well as a vaccuum bag sealer since we're only a family of 3. Since I'm a huge baby back ribs freak that'll likely be the first cook.

Can you tell I'm excited?

LOL, Jason, that is EXACTLY what I did while I was waiting for my WSM to arrive (well, I didn't get the latex meat handling gloves, and already had a big fat weber chimney starter, but I sure got the rest of it, including a gas can and blue spray paint...! Oh, and not the vacuum sealer either but I sure want one---however, it was no prob cuz there were no leftovers, for very long anyway). I spent so much time poring over info on this site so I'd be ready, I was champing at the bit to start grilling---practically ACHING to start!---and man was it a fun and tasty first effort (8.5 lb brisket and BRITU).

I can't wait to get back in the saddle with another brisket and maybe a pork butt this time. Also, cuz I've been out of town and away from my WSM, I've now ordered a weber rotisserie for my weber charcoal kettle. Now I'm aching to try some chickens and turkeys and whatnot...

Aaaaack! I'm hooked.

One more thing...

I got so homesick for my WSM (cuz I've been spending big chunks of time up at a friend's farm) I talked her into ordering one so I can use it while I'm up here. Ordered it thru this site, and it should be shipping today. Man oh man---now THAT worked out happily...! It was easy to talk her into it after I brought up some of that tasty brisket and ribs...

Blue spray paint? /infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

If it's shipping today, she must have purchased it thru the alternate vendor Hometown Hearth & Grill-- Amazon is still showing backordered 3-5 weeks on it. No free shipping. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif No $29 coupon. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif No spiff for TVWB. /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Not necessarily. I ordered mine on Friday of last week and it shipped yesterday. I most definitely ordered from Amazon using the link on this site. I got it for exactly $150, shipped.

What happened is that sometime on Friday evening Amazon sold out their existing stock so the WSM went on backorder, first for a week or so and apparently now a few weeks. Those of us lucky enough to order before that happened get it sooner. In fact I just checked FedEx tracking and the projected delivery date for my shipment is this Thursday the 19th.

It's amazing any of us got the $29 off deal since Weber products were expressly excluded, but I sure ain't gonna complain.

My projected delivery is Feb 23-24. Additionally, I complained about the price decrease, and got it credited to my order. $140.99!!!!

Re: the blue spray paint, someone here recommended spray painting yer gas can (which will be used for water) BLUE so as to eliminate the potential for any disaster---you know, grabbing for the wrong gas can during one of those midnight brisket cooks. Yipes! Could really make it hard to bring the temps down...

Ordered mine from Amazon on Feb 12. Got the free shipping and the leap year rebate ($29 off) and just checked on my shipping date---which I thought was Feb 17---and the baby shipped yesterday! Hoorah!

So mine came to $150 even. Not sure how other lucky folks got $140.

Blue spray paint a good idea then. Thought you were intending to "personalize" your WSM for a moment.

The lucky $140 folks caught the WSM during a short period when-- for some reason-- Amazon was listed among More Buying Choices for $169.

Request permission for newbie to come on board.
Just got this from Amazon.com:
"Greetings from Amazon.com.
We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items today, and that this completes your order.
1 Weber 2820 Smokey Mountain Coo $150.00
1 $150.00
Item Subtotal: $150.00
Shipping & Handling: $33.31
Super Saver Discount: -$33.31
Promotional Certificate: - $29.00
Total: $121.00
Paid by Mastercard: $121.00"
So, is this a good price? I see $150 and $140, but don't see $121.
Did they make a mistake? Does Amazon.com read this forum? Hope not, they might change the price, lol.
FYI, I have a Kamado #7, a Weber Kettle, a Caja China, a Kingsford BBQ Grill, And soon, the Bullet which I don't know anything about, so will read this forum to see what I can learn. Also, had a NBBD but sold it when the K arrived.
Eddie

Holy cow! $121 is fantastic! Maybe I should try to buy ANOTHER one... hee hee hee

And Jason---my friend's new WSM arrived this morning from Amazon! (shipped Monday). The only shame is that I've got to leave it behind to go to a scotch tasting tonight and a poker party tomorrow, and won't be back up until Saturday.

Man oh man, can't wait to try that sucker out!

I ordered mine on the evening of the 12th, they said it shipped the 16th and would be here the 23rd. When I got home from Lawton this afternoon it was on the front porch! Brisket this weekend!Mine was $150,I thought the $140 was a great price, but Eddie's at $121 is outa sight! Good deal Eddie.

Jim P. I did not order a re-furb, but on the other hand I don't see anywhere on the order that it is *new* (I am assuming it is) However, I did see the following under "used:"

"$143.65 Refurbished Seller: tech_for_less_inc (Safe buying guarantee) Rating: 4.6 stars over the past twelve months (207 ratings). Seller has 207 lifetime ratings."

That was the lowest price for re-furb by any company. So I guess the $121 is for a new one. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
I don't think Amazon sells re-furbs or used.
It's due to arrive 2-24. I'll let you guys know what it looks like.
Eddie

My bullet arrived today, 4 days ahead of schedule. The shipping invoice showed $121.00 Put it together with the help of my 4yr old
g-granddaughter. You can see it at alt.binaries.food (The Bullet is here)
Eddie

Oh, forgot to add. Came with a free Weber cover.

BTW, very impressed with it's workmanship. Everything tight and perfectly matched. Excellent detail.

Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back