bottom round steak.....

Becky M-M

TVWBB Pro
i found some thin bottom round steak on sale and picked it up. would these work on the grill...... i dont want to end up with tough steak if it is not meant for a quick cook.

Funny! I am doing round steak tonight. we send ours through a tenderizing slicer deal when we butcher. Then I marinade them. Tonight it is Soy sauce, B Sugar, Franks Red Hot, Tiger Sauce, Mustard, and Garlic. We will see how the marinade turns out. I love these on the grill. Quick sear and pull.

love asparagus.... i toss it in olive oil and throw in on direct for a bit.... if you like it softer then you can cook them indirect for a bit. i also like tossing a bit of shredded parmesan on them when they come off.

love, love , love asparagus!

I have never tried without the marinade. they are tender because of the tenderizer thing a ma jig. Marinade is for flavor on these. My wife also likes to do them in the oven (GASP!) but i dont think they turn out as well All the flavor is gone.

Marinade was Good! ! will post pics in The Photo Section. I cooked about 3-4 min per side.
that was about medium rare.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Becky M-M:
i found some thin bottom round steak on sale and picked it up. would these work on the grill...... i dont want to end up with tough steak if it is not meant for a quick cook. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I like to marinate round steak and with thin ones the marinade can really penetrate, so you could use a recipe that works for tenderness as well as flavor.

Besides, any piece of beef is tender if it's sliced thin enough.
icon_wink.gif

Brad

Back