Boneless Turkey Breast Reccomendations

Any time and temperature reccomendations for a 4lb boneless turkey breast?
Low and slow for maximum moisture retention. And a wet brine for 4 hours with salt water. That’ll plump the breast and aid in moisture retention. Then a top coat of seasoning with little to no salt in it.

I’d run 225-250°. You’re probably going to run 3.5-5 hours at that temp. And a nice wood to enhance the meat through smoke. The skin will be rubber. So drop it in a CI to crisp it and then chop the skin cracklings onto the sliced meat.

Low and slow for maximum moisture retention. And a wet brine for 4 hours with salt water. That’ll plump the breast and aid in moisture retention. Then a top coat of seasoning with little to no salt in it.

I’d run 225-250°. You’re probably going to run 3.5-5 hours at that temp. And a nice wood to enhance the meat through smoke. The skin will be rubber. So drop it in a CI to crisp it and then chop the skin cracklings onto the sliced meat.
Thanks. When you say drop it in a CI to crisp things up, are you talking about a convection oven?

I was either going to brine or inject with Kosmo’s Q moisture magic.

Thanks. When you say drop it in a CI to crisp things up, are you talking about a convection oven?

I was either going to brine or inject with Kosmo’s Q moisture magic.
The skin. If you’re cooking with skin on, remove skin when bird is done and crisp the skin in a cast iron (CI) to crisp/turn into bacon like, and once cooked and crispy, chop and sprinkle atop your sliced meat. Like cracklings. But better.

Your call on injection/brine. But a brined bird will taste better. For sure.

Back