boneless country style ribs

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello all,

I have about 8 lbs of nice large boneless country style ribs.

Do I treat these ribs just like any other "rack" of spares or BB? In other words, use a rub and let sit for 2 hours then put on the WSM for approx 5 hours (2 with foil). Or is there another way to prepare this cut of meat? Do I cook with a Maverick in the largest piece and let it get to a certain temperature?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Troy

You can treat them like ribs or butt, timing depends on the size of the pieces. They done when they become tender, that will be closer to rib times than butt.
Jim

If I'm not mistaken, those country style ribs are just pieces of boston butts sliced up, not technically ribs at all. Personally, I'd treat them more like a butt, and cook to an internal temp of 195. My guess is that it would take more than 5 hours. I also wouldn't use foil, they should have plenty of internal fat to keep them moist all the way through.

Good luck, and be sure to post your results.

Thanks for the prompt replys, folks.

I can see through the packaging that these chunks of meat include both loin sections and butt sections. Does anyone have suggestions for doing each type of meat differently or should they be treated the same?

I plan to apply a rub tonite for smoking tomorrow. I am also doing 2 pork butts avg weight of 4 lbs. I will start the butts at 8:00 AM and put the country style ribs on at 3:00 PM for 4 hours. I will foil for 1 hour at the end.

I'll let you know how things turn out.

Thanks,
Troy

Well I've had them as well where they off of the loin sections as well. Like loin chops. Those will dry out if you cook them long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back