Bone-in vs. Bone-out Turkey Breast

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Is one better than the other?

Also, is there a hands-down favorite way to cook turkey breast. I have read every post that I can find, and i'm a little confused to say the least.
1. Should you inject, and with what?
2. Should I cook Hot (300-350) or low (225-250)
3. If someone has expierenced a "this is the best
turkey i've ever had" comment from the WIFE,
then forget 1 & 2 and just fill me in on 3.

Hi Vince. I've done a few turkey breasts on the WSM and I usually buy them at BJs. These are "hotel type" breasts that are bone in. I usually brine them overnight. I've used a couple different brines, and to be honest, I cannot tell too much difference except for one ingredient: poulty seasoning. I can usually taste (and like) that seasoning that is in the brine.

Cook it hot with no water in the pan. The bone usually causes slightly longer cooking times which is a good thing.

And yes, my wife says that the turkey breasts that come off the WSM are the best and she doesn't really like the other smoked meat that I cook.

Personaly I think brining is the way to go. It will season all the way thru the meat and make it very tender and juicy even cooked up to 190f internal temp which I've done before. I like my poultry well done. Brining will allow you to do that and keep it moist.

I prefer apple juice, brown sugar, maple syrup. Then smoked with apple wood. I love my turkey sweet and smokey. YUMMY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back