Blomberg/Becko gas range no burner spark

Jay D in Jersey

TVWBB Wizard
We've had this Blomberg bgrp34520ss gas range for a bit over 3 years. It's been a good stove thus far. Someone in the house brushed up against the burner knob unknowingly lighting the burner which had a Calphalon nonstick 5qt saute pan on it. It burned for 2-3 days as we were at our beach house. No smoke, no smoke detectors. The pan was shot. The house is still here. That burner no longer or only occasionally sparks. It lights with a stick lighter just fine but when it doesn't spark or light, gas still flows.
I'm thinking a fried spark module and maybe a new igniter plug.
What else could it be?

Could be some of the aluminum from the pan came down and shorted the igniter? Do you hear the clicking sound at all? Do the other burners ignite? Usually a good indication it's isolated to a one burner issue

Could be some of the aluminum from the pan came down and shorted the igniter? Do you hear the clicking sound at all? Do the other burners ignite? Usually a good indication it's isolated to a one burner issue
No. The pan didn't melt. The nonstick was of course shot. All the other burners spark and the problem burner sparks every time any other burner knob is turned but doesn't spark every time I turn that knob.

No. The pan didn't melt. The nonstick was of course shot. All the other burners spark and the problem burner sparks every time any other burner knob is turned but doesn't spark every time I turn that knob.
Well that is pretty weird. Assume you turn another knob. It's sparking. Will the burner light reliably if you turn the affected burner on as well? But, it's kinda weird you can get it sparking reliably with every other burner but not by turning on the affected one. Kinda scratching my head on this one

Well that is pretty weird. Assume you turn another knob. It's sparking. Will the burner light reliably if you turn the affected burner on as well? But, it's kinda weird you can get it sparking reliably with every other burner but not by turning on the affected one. Kinda scratching my head on this one
So I got lucky with the service guy coming out 2 hours after I called, ordered a new igniter plug...$13...and it turns out, there is an ignition switch built into each valve and that part is backordered but I found a set of 4 on eBay pretty much the same price as the back ordered one...$40. Maybe just sell the other 3 on eBay.
$275 all in. Just have to wait for both parts to arrive and service guy will come back out and repair/replace. Could have been worse/

Back